The air quality in your home or office is very important for your health. Polluted air can cause many problems. If the air that you breathe in having many pollutants, including smoke and dust, it could cause many kinds of illnesses. Your lungs are the first thing that may be affected by poor air quality. Apart from the lungs, you may also have eye problems, and other pollution related allergies, which may lead to runny nose, hay fever, red and watery eyes. The emission of several harmful gases such as carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide etc. Which are not only hazardous for the environment but can also cause long term health problems.
To keep the air quality of your home up to the standards and fresh with the flow of outdoor air, there are several steps you can follow. A few simple rules can change the quality of air that you breathe in, in your homes, offices, or any public place, such as a mall, hospitals, libraries, schools, etc. The rules to be followed are given below:
1. Avoid smoking inside the house: Follow this rule strictly and the air quality of your house will improve drastically.
2. Store fuels outdoors: The fumes coming from fuels can be harmful. Therefore, keep them in a place away from your homes, such as in a shade of the garage.
3. Use air filters: Using a good quality air filter for your home’s ventilation will also improve the indoor air quality. This will keep the harmful agents out of your house and let the fresh air in.
4. Using air purification systems: It might become necessary for you to install air purification system in your house. Irritations and harmful agents don’t just come from inside, but they can also be produced from indoors, such as animal hair, chemicals from furniture fume from fuel, tobacco, cooking, gases from paint, cleaning materials, and so on.
5. Replace your old ventilation systems: the filtration system in the older heat and air-conditioning or heat pump ventilation systems do not have the high-levels of filtration systems as the newer systems do. Therefore, replacing your old heat and air-conditioning filtration systems can improve the air quality of your homes.
The type of air purification device you will need for your home will depend on what type of home you own, the size of your rooms, your sensitivity and what area of the town you live in, etc. So if you live in an area close to a factory or highly polluted area, you will definitely need some heavy air filters. Some air filters come with fan and filtration units. These devices can be plugged in and they start working. They are portable and can be useful for small rooms. If you want to build an air purification system in your home with air ducts and special suction fans, which will work for the whole house, it might be a little more expensive, but they can prove to be more effective than the portable air purifiers for the whole house.